The Sisters of Divine Providence of Kentucky gathered at the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption on the 125th Anniversary of the arrival of the first three missionary Sisters to the Diocese of Covington, Kentucky in 1889. Sisters, Associates, family and friends filled the Cathedral for this joyous occasion. Special guests included Sr. Susan Baumann, CDP, Superior General and her Councilors Sr. Celine Schaeffer, Sr. Janet Schneider, and Sr. Marie Noelle Oussen. Representatives from other local religious communities were in attendance as well as Franciscan Sisters of Cincinnati, whose Sisters at St. Elizabeth Hospital, Covington in 1889 offered hospitality to those first three Sisters until they found their way to the Jones’ Mansion in Newport, purchased as the first provincial house by their host, Bishop Camillus Paul Maes. It was later named Mt. St. Martin’s to honor their founder Blessed John Martin Moye. Earlier that day Sisters placed potted roses on the graves of the first three missionaries, Sr. St. Lucie DaMidio, Sr. Camille Schaff and Sr. Chantal Arth who had traveled from the Motherhouse in France. A lively reception followed the Mass and later that day the Sisters re-gathered at Immaculate Conception Chapel at Holy Family Home in Melbourne, Kentucky for a Ceremony of Missioning to be the “Face of Providence” in various areas of the United States. The evening ended with a wonderful celebrative meal at St. Anne Province Center.